Who we are
Homemaker Southwest is an independent charity, established in July 2001 and based in Devon. It emerged from an organisation known as the ‘Exeter Homemaker Project’, originally set up in 1991 to provide tenancy support services for offenders. As the organization has grown, the range of services we provide have been adapted to better meet the needs of the local population as a whole, enabling us to offer our services to all sections of the community
Statement of Purpose
To enable people, especially those who are vulnerable, to set up, maintain, and sustain their homes, and thus prevent homelessness.
Aims of Homemaker
The primary purpose of Homemaker is to prevent homelessness and promote independence. We offer specialist advice and support to individuals and families who may be at risk of losing their home. We also offer support to people who may be moving into new accommodation and living independently for the first time.
In March 2011 Homemaker Southwest merged with Money Advice Plymouth, please visit www.moneyadviceplymouth.org.uk for further details about the services they offer.
What services do we provide?
• Specialist Tenancy Sustainment services, including money and housing advice
• Specialist Homeless Person Resettlement Service
• Specialist Support, Advice and Training to Local Authority Housing Advice teams
Please contact us at or telephone 01392 686752 for further information about the services we offer.
Because Homemaker is a relatively small and locally-based organization, we can be flexible and responsive to needs at a local level within our range of core competencies. These competencies include:
• Money advice (incorporating debt and benefits advice as well as help with budgeting skills)
• Tenancy sustainment and Housing Advice (including rent/mortgage arrears advice and Offender’s Housing Rights)
• Understanding of the Criminal Justice System, locally, regionally and nationally
• Mentoring and supporting people
We also have staff qualified to deliver bespoke training programmes in some of the above areas. Please contact us for further details: